For this project I was tasked with creating a background image from a selection of photographs ready for an architectural visualizer to use to composite a new building. The photographs were under-exposed and had lost the sky detail. Also the shot that we finally decided on wasn’t wide enough so I had to extend it using a few other shots and some extensive photo retouching.
Here is the final resulting background.
Here is the original photograph
I used this as the base photograph. The frontage of the houses’ exposure could not be fixed so the next photograph was used to restore the frontages.
The shot was made wider with the following photoshop panorama created from five separate photographs.
Finally a new sky was added together with new trees with leaves.